Bolloré Ports, the benchmark operator of port terminals in Africa, Asia and the Americas, has just launched the “Green Terminal” labeling process with the objective of contributing to the reduction of the carbon footprint of its activities by relying on on a precise methodology covering all environmental concerns. This approach, a first in the port sector, has been validated by Bureau Veritas, one of the main world leaders in testing, inspection and certification.
- The Bolloré Ports Green Terminal label is based on eight fundamental pillars:
- Optimized management thanks to an environmental management system based on the ISO 14001 Standard,
Eco-societal commitment to local stakeholders,
- The construction of infrastructures in accordance with international standards,
- The deployment of handling solutions and equipment that respect the environment and promote the energy transition,
- The implementation of digital solutions,
- The collection, recovery and recycling of waste,
- The treatment and control of water and air, and
- Training employees in good practices related to environmental issues.
From this year, Bureau Veritas experts will support Bolloré Ports in deploying the label and will be responsible for carrying out audits each year to assess the environmental performance of its port terminals with a view to providing them with a certificate of conformity.
“The Green Terminal label allows us to offer public partners and users of our terminals logistics solutions that are both efficient and eco-responsible. As part of this process, we also aim to accelerate our investments in alternative, greener and smarter solutions. »Declared Olivier de Noray, General Manager Ports and Terminals of Bolloré Ports.
“We welcome this relevant and ambitious approach, which demonstrates the company’s commitment to the environment and which fits perfectly into Bureau Veritas’ DNA of responsible progress. »Declared Jacques Pommeraud, Managing Director Africa, France and Government Services Bureau Veritas.
A player committed to the energy transition, Bolloré Ports is implementing various logistics, digital and multimodal solutions aimed at reducing urban congestion, streamlining the transport of goods and reducing the impact of its activities on the environment.