OUAGADOUGOU (BURKINA FASO): SYMPOSIUM ON AFRICA-ASIA AND THE WORLD
THEME: WHAT RELATIONSHIPS FOR GLOBAL PEACE, JUSTICE, PROSPERITY AND SUSTAINABILITY?
International and inter-trans-disciplinary online and offline conference:
– inauguration of the Institute of Afro-Asian and International Studies – AFRASI and
– to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the African Peoples’ Conference of Accra, Ghana, 1958.
Place: Joseph Ki-Zerbo University, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, December 13-15, 2023
ONLINE AND OFFLINE PARTICIPANTS
The conference encourages the participation of researchers from a wide range of scientific disciplines (regional studies, cultural studies, ecology, economics, geography, history, humanities, languages, management, political and social sciences…) and practitioners from various professional fields (business, civil society, education, enterprise, government, management, parliament, public policy, social and solidarity movements. …) as well as artists, writers, journalists and social and solidarity movement activists, based in various geographical areas (North, South, East, West and Central Africa; North, Central and South America; the Caribbean; Australia; North, East, West, Central, South and South-East Asia; Central, Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western Europe; Russia, the Pacific, Oceania…).
ABSTRACTS AND ARTICLES
1) Abstract submission deadline (200-300 words): September 30, 2023
2) Deadline for submission of full paper (2000-3000 words / 5-6 pages): October 31, 2023
3) Notification to selected presenters: progressively from July 2023. The earlier an abstract is submitted, the earlier its author will be notified, which is important for travel arrangements.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of questions that should be addressed at the colloquium:
– Before and after Western hegemony: what were and what will be the relations between Africa and Asia?
– Africa-Asia and Africa-Eurasia: what convergences and what divergences?
– Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America: are they still the peripheries of the West, and what are the dynamics of decentralization?
– Business development in Africa and Asia: challenges and prospects?
– MSMEs (micro, small and medium-sized enterprises) in Africa and Asia: what role do they play in national economies, and what exchanges are possible?
– BRICS Summit in Africa: what impact on Africa?
– MNA, BRICS, Africa, Asia and Latin America: what synergy for global restructuring?
– The West and Asia in Africa: what interests and what risks for Africa?
– China-Africa, India-Africa, Japan-Africa, Korea-Africa, Turkiye-Africa, Iran-Africa, Indonesia-Africa, EU-Africa, USA-Africa, Russia-Africa summits: what benefits for Africa?
– FESPACO and BIFF (Busan International Film Festival): what are the mutually and globally beneficial relationships?
– African, Asian and American tropical forests: challenges and prospects for the economy and ecology?
– Black-lives-matter: does racism against Africans and Asians in the West continue, and why?
– Africans and Asians in Asia, Africa and elsewhere: what are the perceptions on both sides? Is there reciprocal racism between them?
– Traditions, cultures and religions: what role do they play in identities, patriarchy and gender issues?
– Native and imported religions: what are the challenges and prospects for peaceful coexistence or fusion?
– Languages and nations: what place do former colonial languages have in national independence and sovereignty?
– Afrodescendants in America, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Pacific and Oceania: who are they and what are they becoming?
– Demographics, migration, urbanization, ruralization: what planning and what mitigation?
– The G20 and the world’s 20 poorest countries: what’s the relationship?
– G20 summits: what impact on Africa?
Other pertinent questions will be welcome.