• Fintech Challenge offers early stage and mature start-ups the potential to partner with Ecobank across 33 African countries
• Applications open until 16 September
Lomé, Togo, 25 August 2022 – Pan-African banking group, Ecobank Group, has launched the fifth edition of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge and encourages African Fintech entrepreneurs to enter the competition.
Fintechs that are aligned with the Bank’s strategic objectives stand a chance to win an overall cash prize of US$50,000 for the top winner and the opportunity to partner and scale their solutions across Ecobank’s 33 African markets.
Fintech companies and developers originating from any of Africa’s 54 countries, as well as global Africa-centered Fintechs, are eligible to enter the Fintech Challenge by visiting: https://Ecobankfintechchallenge.com. Applications can be made until the 16 September 2022.
Ten finalists will be inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship after the finals and awards ceremony which will take place in October 2022.
In addition, all Fellows will qualify to explore the following opportunities with the Bank and its partners:
● Multinational products roll out: an opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in all or part of Ecobank’s pan-African 33-country ecosystem.
● Service provider partnerships: Ecobank may select some Fintechs as pan-African service partners within the Bank’s ecosystem.
● Access to Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox: Fellows will be given access to Ecobank’s APIs to test and improve their products for the pan-African market.
● Priority Access to Ecobank’s Venture Capital partners for funding exploration.
Ade Ayeyemi, Chief Executive Officer, Ecobank Group, said “Ecobank believes that the only way to transform financial services in Africa is for Pan-African banks like Ecobank to continually support and collaborate with innovative Fintechs and start-ups. We invite and welcome Africa’s best Fintechs to work with us through the 2022 Challenge.”
Dr. Tomisin Fashina, Operations and Technology Executive, Ecobank Group said, “The uniqueness of the Challenge is that it welcomes both early stage and mature start-up Fintechs alike and seeks to align them with different kinds of partnership opportunities within Ecobank that match their differing levels of maturity.”
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge was designed in partnership with international advisory firm, Konfidants and is supported by partners across Africa and globally. So far 46 Fellows have been admitted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship programme since it was launched in 2017.
- Africa Global Logistics (AGL) becomes the official logistics partner of CAF
- Afreximbank and Kings College London Sign Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to establish Medical and Nursing School in Abuja, Nigeria
- Ghana: Njack Kane, CEO of Africa Prosperity Network (APN)
- “The Integration of African Stock Exchanges is Underway.
- Germany pledges 4 billion Euros in Africa’s green energy:AfDB President calls for enhanced partnership
- Africa Healthcare Network (AHN) Secures $20 Million in funding led by Africa50 and AfricInvest for a continent-wide expansion
- Mauritania: Interview with Mohamed Mahmoud ELEMINE VALL, President of GNI Group
- Afreximbank awarded “Sustainable Deal of the Year” for pioneering the Liquidity and Sustainability Facility (LSF) for Africa
Headed by Adama Wade and his team of 20 journalists, Kapital Afrik offers strategic and financial information to executives and managers. The aim of Kapital Afrik is to provide financial and political news, give priority to human entrepreneurial experiences, lend life to economic policies, give meaning to statistics….
Contact us: email@example.com