Mediterrania Capital Partners, the Private Equity firm focused on growth investments for SMEs and mid-cap companies in North and Sub-Saharan Africa, announces that its portfolio companies managed by MC II and MC III funds achieved 25% EBITDA year-on-year growth up to the end of 2019, reaching over €1 billion in aggregated annual revenues.
Operating since 2015, MC II holds stakes in the following companies:
• Cash Plus: operating through almost 1,900 points-of-sale, Cash Plus is the leading company in Morocco offering quick and efficient solutions for money transfers.
• C.E.C.I.: Moroccan group of companies specialising in truck body manufacture, truck and bus assembly and spare parts sales.
• Cieptal Cars: Algerian leader in long-term car rental services. The company also covers other
segments such as car transportation, drivers’ services and car maintenance services.
• Groupe Scolaire René Descartes: private educational institution specialising in providing French and Tunisian programmes based in Tunisia. GSRD received the officially recognition by the French Ministry of National Education and is a partner of the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE).
• Indigo Company: distributor of 12 leading apparel brands from major retail corporations, including French Jennyfer and Spanish Inditex and Mango. The group currently operates 112 stores covering approximately 50,000 sqm of total sales area and has more than 2,200 employees, 41% of whom are female.
• Medtech Group: Morocco’s leading IT system integrator incorporating solutions from Oracle,
Microsoft, NCR, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, EMC and IBM.
• Randa: leader in Tunisia in pasta manufacturing and distribution.
• Université Privée de Marrakech (UPM): one of the leading private higher-education providers in Morocco and Senegal offering MBAs, Masters and PhDs in French and English to more than 8,000 students.
Launched in 2017, MC III has invested in the following companies:
• Akdital Holding: the largest private clinic in Morocco owning five clinics located in greater Casablanca with a total of 550 beds.
• Aziza: the fastest growing supermarket chain in Tunisia. With more than 2,300 employees, the company operates 250 shops and holds a total 70,000 sqm of sales area.
• Cairo Scan: leading private provider of medical imaging services and diagnostics in Egypt that operates though 19 centers in Cairo and Giza.
• Groupe Cofina: leading meso-finance institution in West and Central Africa with operations in Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea Conakry, Gabon, Mali and Congo Brazzaville. The company manages more than 135,000 clients and employs 1,000 people.
• TGCC: Travaux Généraux de Construction de Casablanca (TGCC) is the leading general contractor specialising in construction and public works in Morocco and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Albert Alsina, Mediterrania Capital Partners’ Founder and CEO, said: “We are extremely pleased with the 2019 performance of our portfolio. Thanks to the right implementation of our value creation model, we continue to help MC II and MC III’s companies develop and expand their business in a sustainable manner, building the required foundations for long-term growth.”
Besides the purely financial aspect, Mediterrania Capital Partners is focusing on the ESG impact that its funds and portfolio companies are having on the communities and economies of African countries. In that sense, Mediterrania Capital Partners has incorporated ESG issues into its investment analysis, decision-making processes and overall management of its funds and portfolio, building sustainable and socially responsible companies with strong foundations for long-term growth.
Every year, Mediterrania reports its progress against the UN’s SDG goals – annual reports can be downloaded from www.mcapitalp.com.
About Mediterrania Capital Partners
Mediterrania Capital Partners is a dedicated Private Equity firm focusing on growth investments in SMEs and mid-cap companies in Africa. It invests in African SMEs with an annual turnover of €20 million to €300 million and expansion strategies into North and Sub-Saharan African markets.
With offices in Abidjan, Algiers, Barcelona, Cairo, Casablanca and Valletta, the company takes a proactive, hands-on approach to implementing the growth strategy of its portfolio companies by driving their Value Creation and ESG processes.
Mediterrania Capital Partners is a regulated financial investment manager licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA), the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in Mauritius and the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV) in Spain.