Once again this year, Societe Generale received numerous awards at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2019 ceremony held on July 10 in London.
Thus, Societe Generale received, for the first time, the Best Bank Award in Africa in terms of corporate responsibility.
“We are honored with this award, which demonstrates the commitment of Société Générale Group and its employees to the positive transformations of the continent. Contributing responsibly and sustainably to African growth is one of the collective challenges around which Societe Generale has decided to mobilize. We recently launched the “Grow with Africa” program, which aims to better support African SMEs that are at the heart of the economy and to promote the development of innovative financing solutions adapted to African markets, for example through our solution. YUP wallet. Fostering the development of populations and communities through financial inclusion and deploying more resources in microfinance is also at the heart of our vision, “said Laurent Goutard, Head of Africa, Mediterranean and Overseas for Société Générale.
During this ceremony Societe Generale was also appointed:
• Best Bank in Ivory Coast for the 2nd year in a row
• Best Bank in Algeria for the 2nd year in a row
• Best Investment Bank in France
As a reminder, Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated model, the Group combines financial strength, innovation dynamics and sustainable growth strategy in order to be the trusted partner of its customers, engaged in the positive transformations of companies and economies.
A player in the real economy for more than 150 years with a solid base in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale employs more than 149,000 people in 67 countries and supports 31 million individual, corporate and institutional investors every day. around the world, offering a wide range of tailored financial advice and solutions based on three complementary business lines:
▪ Retail Banking in France with Société Générale, Crédit du Nord and Boursorama, which offer complete ranges of financial services with an omnichannel device at the cutting edge of digital innovation;
▪ International retail banking, insurance and financial services to businesses, with networks in Africa, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, and specialized trades leaders in their markets;
▪ Global Banking and Investor Solutions, with its recognized expertise, key international positions and integrated solutions
Societe Generale is included in the main sustainable development indices: DJSI (World and Europe), FTSE4Good (Global and Europe), Euronext Vigeo (World, Europe and Eurozone), 4 STOXX ESG Leaders indices, MSCI Low Carbon Leaders Index. For more information, you can follow the twitter account @societegenerale or visit the website www.societegenerale.com
Kapital Afrik intends to deliver strategic financial information to executives and managers, through a daily newsletter and a website that covers all African finance.