Morocco: Cosumar announces the creation of a new company in Guinea Conakry

The Moroccan group Cosumar has a stake of 55% in the capital of the Compagnie Maroco-Guinéenne de Sucre (Comaguis), the remaining 45% being held by the Guinean company Sogecile.

According to a statement released Tuesday (October 2nd) by the Moroccan sugar leader, this entry will allow the company to become active in the packaging and marketing of white sugar in Guinea Conakry.

Comaguis will have a production unit with a nominal capacity of 50,000 tonnes and the first commercial operations are planned for the third quarter of 2019, the company said. Its range of products will have to bring a diversified and competitive supply of packaged sugar to Guinean consumers and neighboring countries.

This investment will enable the Group to become a competitive regional agro-industrial player.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here